Thread: 8000dn

Default 8000dn

I have bought HP 8000dn not new but old. now i attached via RJ45 from printer to Router and have peer to peer networking on 2 pc runing Windows XP, i download the driver (used driver for 8000 PCL or PS) from windows xp but it does not detect the printer, i am connecting via RJ45 not with parallel connector. though i printed the configuration page and i enterted the IP address from that page, do i need any other kind of thing to detect the printer and also i tried directly attaching to one of my PC, does not work either.

By RJ45, I assume you mean they are Cat 5 Ethernet cables? You must also configure the IP address on the printer to match a valid address AND subnet on your network. This address must then be assigned to the printer port settings on each Windows PC. Is your router running DHCP (automatically assigns an address to each PC/ device)? If so, you need to reserve the printer's IP address in the router's DHCP table. I normally use static addressing on peer to peer networks to avoid these issues. There should be info on setting this up in your router's user manual or on-line from the manufacturer. If not, there are plenty of good reference sources for LANs on the Net.