arial7black

Please help! I've been searching for an HP Laser Jet printer that can handle print jobs by printing both letter and legal at the same time. I'm not able to get any clear answers from the HP support person, nor the two stores I visited today. I am not sure if I just need the one input tray and then use the multipurpose tray for the other size paper? Or, should I purchase a printer that has two input trays, one for letter, the other for legal size paper?

I need to download loan document packages (usually about 100/per set) from these digital document services. These documents come with mixed paper sizes in the set. For instance, after downloading and sending to print, the first page could be letter size, then pages 2-5 could be legal, pages 6-7 back to letter, pages 8-15 legal, and so on . . .

I'm a student, so I don't have a whole lot of $ to spend. But, I do have to have a Laser printer due to the loan documents needing to be high quality. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Which printer to buy? Would the LaserJet4Plus meet my needs? If I need to actually have the two separate input trays, is this an extra/option that I would place with the order? For instance, I looked at the HP LaserJet 2300 today. The specs say two paper trays; however, when I actually visited the store to look at it, it only had one actual input tray.

Also, to save money, I'm thinking to buy a refurbished printer. Are these generally a good deal? i.e., don't break down on you the first week:-(

Your help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!