Thread: Hp K80xi

Question Hp K80xi

I have an Office Jet K80xi where the cable ribbon has come detached from the back of the print carriage, I was wondering if anyone had a manual for this model or any tips on the easiest way to access the back of the print carriage so I can reattach the cable? Thanks in advance for your help.

Derik

Is this the signal cable to the carriage assembly or the encoder strip that runs from one side of the frame to the other? If its the signal cable, you will have to dismantle the machine to remove the carriage in order to re-attach the cable. The encoder strip hooks on to a spring on one side and a tab on the other, and is a much easier task.

Unhappy

Yes it's the signal cable from the back, and I have heard that it will require a tear down of the machine, but since I don't have a manual I was hoping someone did, or had some tips on the best way to dismantle this thing.

Unfortunately, I don't have one around at this time, but you're right in that you have to tear it apart, right down to the frame. Just take your time and be observant for screws (#10 Torx) or plastic tabs on case components. I've never bothered with manuals for ink jets as it's hard to justify the cost due to the low price and short life of these printers. Good luck.