Thread: Laserjet 600 M603 - Stuck cartridge

Default Laserjet 600 M603 - Stuck cartridge

One of our remote offices recently shipped a brand new Laserjet 600 M603 back to the Help Desk at our company's HQ. They did a less than stellar job of repacking it and, as a result, the toner cartridge is stuck in the printer. The right side of the cartridge seems free of obstruction, but it's the left side of the cartridge that refuses to budge. Looking at another model (Laserjet P4015tn) that's structurally similar,

The shutter / drum cover on the cartridge moves freely and isn't caught on anything. I don't see anything obvious on this side of the printer that a cartridge could get hung up on.

Any suggestions re: what it's stuck on and how to extract it?

I've never seen that model yet, but if it's similar to the 4015 you should be able to easily remove the fuser and have a look at the cartridge from the other side. If you don't see anything, I would yank harder on the cartridge. Something on the cartridge might break, but I doubt anything on the printer will. All that keeps the cartridge in are plastic guides on each side, but without taking the covers off it would really hard for those to get out of place and cause the cartridge to get stuck.