Thread: Continious paper jam in tray 2 - HP M 4345mfp printer

Default Continious paper jam in tray 2 - HP M 4345mfp printer

I have M4345mfp printer that keeps giving me a paper jam after every one (1) printout, but there is no paper. I have changed the three rollers with no joy. Does any one have ideas how to sort out this problem?

Thanks

Chris

can you tell us the error code?

Are you sure you snapped the rollers all the way in? I've replaced rollers on that model once or twice where I thought they snapped in but they really weren't.

Hi. There is no error code- Just the jam message " jam in tray 2.... Remove the jammed paper etc....''! I opened the side panel just behind the formatter and found a lot dust, cleaned it out with a blower, removed the gear mechanisim and cleaned it too, but when I put it back it seem to be out 'out of sync'... (I don't know if that makes sense to anyone), and the paper sensor seems to get stuck until you pull the tray out and push it back in. Does the gear mechanisim for the tray have to be aligned/set in a particular way so that the paper sensor automatically goes back down after each page is printed?

I don't know whether this explaination makes sense. If it does..... HELP!!!

Default Continious paper jam in tray 2+HP m4345mfp printer

Hi. There is no error code- Just the jam message " jam in tray 2.... Remove the jammed paper etc....''! I opened the side panel just behind the formatter and found a lot dust, cleaned it out with a blower, removed the gear mechanisim and cleaned it too, but when I put it back it seem to be out 'out of sync'... (I don't know if that makes sense to anyone), and the paper sensor seems to get stuck until you pull the tray out and push it back in. Does the gear mechanisim for the tray have to be aligned/set in a particular way so that the paper sensor automatically goes back down after each page is printed?

I don't know whether this explaination makes sense. If it does..... HELP!!! By the way.... I rechecked the rollers and they are snapped in fully.

There shouldn't be anything you have to align, the only thing required to make the sensor come back down is gravity. If you take the tray out you should be able to lift the sensor with your finger and be able to see it drop back down as soon as you let go of it.