Thread: How to connect HP Laserjet 9050 with Windows 7 over Ethernet

Exclamation How to connect HP Laserjet 9050 with Windows 7 over Ethernet

I want to connect my HP Laserjet 9050 with my Windows 7 computer over Ethernet like I did with my former HP Laserjet 9000. I tried to do that by Boot, DHCP, Auto-IP and manual IP settings, but only with Auto-IP Windows 7 could find the printer when I explicitly gave Windows its IP number I got from the jetdirect page I printed.

Unfortunately I can not print. The test site is not printed, and when I click on printer diagnosis windows first tells me that it most likely solved the problem it saw by removing the printing queue, but then it does not work anyway.

How did you connect your Laserjet 9050 with a Windows 7 computer over a simple ethernet cable? I don't want to share the printer etc.

Thanks a lot.

When you install it, select Local printer not network. Then select create new TCP/IP port and put in the IP address of the printer. Make sure you can ping the printer from the command prompt first, if you can't ping it, installing it this way won't work.

Actually I also tried "local printer" with the 9050. It did not work. Than I installed the old jetdirect 615 from my old Laserjet 9000 into the Laserjet 9050 and with the jetdirect 615 it works! Could it be possible that the internal Laserjet 9050 jetdirect is defect?

It's rare that onboard NIC's go bad. I'd try doing a cold reset of the printer and putting the settings back in again.