Thread: HP Laserjet 3800dn fuser error

Unhappy HP Laserjet 3800dn fuser error

I've replaced the fuser I received from PT.com, Inc and I still get the fuser error 50.9. On start up some of the gears grind. It's as if something is not catching a gear. Does anyone have any suggestions about what the problem is and how to fix it? Thanks.

If you are still getting the 50.9(high fuser temperature) after changing the fuser, your next
    option is the DC Controller.
    Were the gears grinding with the original fuser? If not - reseat the new one. If it still grinds,
    put the old one back in and listen. If no grinding - the replacement is bad.

Unhappy

I replaced the original fuser in the printer. After it initializes I immediately receive the 50.9 error. No gears are turning, there's complete silence.
    Are you suggesting the replacement fuser should be returned for another? If so, how do I go about doing that?
    Thank you very much!

Obviously the fuser isn't the problem. I don't think now that you've opened and used the new one that the seller will take it back.

Looks like a DC Controller problem. Don't get rid of the fuser until you determine the fix.
    The new fuser grinds gears and the old one, gears don't move. Reseat the new fuser and listen for grinding noise. Don't you have to send back a "core"?

The fuser I received from PrinterTechs is a remanufactured one and I do need to send in the old one within the next 2 weeks if I keep the remanufactered. I tried out both fusers again with the same results: the remanufactered one gears grind, and the original does nothing except send out the 50.9 error upon initializing.

What do you suggest at this time? Thank you very much for your help.

Hi Lisa,

Give us (PrinterTechs) a call @ 866-352-7108. We can walk you through some things; it could be a warranty issue from shipping damage, etc.. Also, we'll be able to extend your core return due date.
    Last edited by cs_steve; 04-20-2011 at 02:23 PM.