Thread: problem with install

Default problem with install

Hi, I have a hp 3310 which used to work perfectly when connected to a xpsp3 by usb. I have reset all options to default. I have now put the 3310 on a ethernet connection for my home office. My network consists of 3 xp pcs and 1 win7. I have a laser hp4200, nas, media player, pvr, on the network which all work well. I have got the 3110 to print from all xp pcs using just the basic driver. I can install the windows driver on the win7 pc and that prints fine. I uninstalled that What I want to do is use the scan and (not so important) card reader. I downloaded the "full featured" (read that as full of bloated rubbish) software for win 7 and it gets to the end of the installation and says it cant find the printer, if I select "will connect later" the software completes install but there is no sign anywhwere of the 3310. Nothing in device manager, nor windows add a device? If I open my broswer and type in the ip address i can access the options and change them etc, it will even scan. I see there are software removers for this stuff, but as i have a photosmart c6180 hooked up to the win7 by usb i dont want to bugger it up. any ideas please

How many USB ports are you using? You may need an external box, be sure to load the drivers for it. If you network is using shared ports, change that. Win 7 drivers arent too great on XP's.