Thread: 51.2K error on HP 4600 - stumped

Default 51.2K error on HP 4600 - stumped

This 51.2K error should have been a straight forward fix - I replaced the black laser (twice), then the DC controller (twice), even the black toner. The four laser / toner motors spin OK and the disengagement bar seems to be moving it's full range (up and down).
    This seems to be one of those occasional flukes that will drive a tech nuts.

Any advice....please.

DCO57

Does it really say 51.2K?
    The last digit should be a 0, 1, 2 or 3.

Only on the 4650 series will have a number. The K means black laser scanner on the 4600.

Are you sure the wires are OK? Did they get chaffed on the metal chassis somewhere?

The .2 is a laser error but there is no emphasis on what kind of laser error. If you are 100% certain the laser is a known good one, and the DC controller is tested, then you have wires, and the formatter left.

Lastly, the black registration is FIXED, and not detected by the color registration unit, so thats out...........

Thanks guys,
    The wires are OK and the controller and lasers were new. I didn't think of the formatter - didn't think it would affect the laser circuit .... I'll try that.

Follow the ribbon cable from the Laser. It goes right to the formatter.

Al

have you checked the toner alienation bar on the left side? Some teeth may have broken off, and if the toner is'nt positioned right may give you this scanner error.
    Check top and bottom of plate.

Thumbs up 51.2K error, HP Color Laserjet 4600n

Just replace the black Laser scanner part no. RG5-6380.