Thread: HP Deskjet F340 All-in-One

Default HP Deskjet F340 All-in-One

Please / Thanks: Windows XP 5.1 SP3; just got the HP printer noted above; it's been sitting in an office for about five years, lonely; worked fine, she says; downloaded/installed what I could e-locate for the model; my PC tells me all is well with the newbie, but when it comes printtime, the paper moves through appropriately, the appropriate sound of the ink mechanism moving back and forth is heard, but the grand result is, merely, a blank sheet of paper. The ink cartridges and electroconnection points are clean and dry.

Shall I conclude that the souls of the ink cartridges have flown the bodies after having been unattended and unused for such a length of time? Haven't tried new cartridges yet. Or is there something else I should be attending to?

Thanks / appreciated.

You could try to unclog the cartridges but it is likely a lost cause. It will still print black if the color cartridge is there but does not work. If you cannot borrow a cartridge to test it then it is still
    worth the risk to buy one. Refilled cartridges are available on the Internet at reasonable prices. If it works then you can go for a color cartridge too.
    Al