Thread: toner and drum kits for H-P 8500/8550?

Default toner and drum kits for H-P 8500/8550?

H-P has evidently discontinued the printer supplies for the H-P 8500/8550 series of color laser printers. At least this is what my normal office supply vendor tells me. Who would you go to first to buy remanufactured or compatible toner cartridges and drum kits?

Cheers,

MetaEd

Your vendor is correct ... HP is no longer making toners & supplies for this model.

You can obtain remanufactured parts for this model -- in fact, we sell remanufactured toners for these 8500 series printers at PrinterTechs.. however, with HP discontinuing the drums are going to be hard to find & I'm not sure I would trust remanufactured drums.

I don't really recommend the 8500/8550 model and hesitate to suggest that someone continue putting money into maintaining it -- it used a rotating carousel design for the toner cartridges which is becoming an obsolete technology and it can be unpleasant to repair, troubleshoot.

The LaserJet 5500 series printer is the recommended replacement; this was a more popular design model so HP still supports it and the toners, maintenance kits & drums will be available for a long time. Also, instead of a carousel design the toners are stationary & sit "stacked" in a row; and the printer uses a transfer belt assembly which is a much better design.
    http://www.printertechs.com/printer/...erjet-5500.php
    Last edited by cs_steve; 12-10-2010 at 01:02 AM.

Default Drum kits

Hello everyone I'm a newbie here from Pittsburgh.My thread is all about Drum kits.
    Drum World carries a large selection of all levels of drum sets. We carry new and used drum sets from all major brand names including DW, PDP/Pacific, Yamaha, Pearl, Tama, Mapex, Gretsch (Including the new Gretsch Renown57 drum set), Ludwig, Rogers, GMS, Taye, Basix, Percussion Plus, ddrum, Bella, and Premier. We offer complete drum sets from the entry level for the beginning player, mid level for the intermediate player,
    to pro-line for the professional player. Whether you're looking for a junior kit, bop kit, jazz kit, fusion kit, standard kit, rock kit, or even a Euro kit, Drum World has the drum set at the right level and price for you!

TRy using ebay for xerox brand toners, and maybe genuine NOS drums / toners.