Thread: LaserJet 1320 running noise at startup

Question LaserJet 1320 running noise at startup

I have a LaserJet 1320 problem. As soon as the printer is powered on, rather than going through the fuser warm-up period, the mechanisms immediately start running -- making the sound as if it's going to print something -- only it's at an accelerated rate of speed. There were a couple of occurrences where it even produced a blank page.

I have never heard of this problem, and have yet to find any problem/solutions online -- likely due to the fact I'm having trouble describing the issue. Has anyone heard of this? I'd try replacing the fuser, if I had one... but I'm not even sure that will resolve the issue. I'm thinking it's a larger problem (formatter board, etc), in which case I'm leaning toward a new printer.

Any input is appreciated, thank you!

If it is not under warranty and you have no access to another machine to swap parts then it is likely time for a new printer. I would suggest an HP 4+ or 5n, or maybe a 4000. They are excellent machines, parts and service manuals are available, toner is inexpensive, and they are easy to repair. You can get any of these for around $100. I recently bought a 4000 with a low page count and got a duplexer and an envelope feeder, total cost including shipping just over $200. All of these are slow. If you need speed you get into the models made in China and they have issues, IMHO.

Al