Thread: HP1220c - Position on page problem.

Default HP1220c - Position on page problem.

Hi there please save me!

Got a weird problem with an HP1220C A3 printer. When using A3 plain paper there are no problems at all. When using A3 glossy all prints are delivered to one side of the page.

To try and explain in a better way... Images are aligned perfectly, not rotated on the page slightly, just shifted to one edge.

My A3 plain and glossy paper are different weights but the specs show that this printer can handle upto 250gsm without a problem. I've checked the sizing and layout options in my software before printing and it all looks normal. On plain paper there is no problem :/

Thank you thank you thank you if anybody has a bright idea

Can you upload a sample page?
    In the meantime having the image "just shifted to one edge"...a little clarification - right edge, left edge, top edge, bottom edge. What tray are you printing from. The printer properties are changed to the correct paper type?
    What's the page count on the printer. Is it time for new rollers?
    Without looking at it I'm kinda grasping at straws.

Thanks for the reply, the printer is in good working order from what I can tell and this never happens with A4 prints. I have uploaded 3 examples of the problem though.

a) 1 x plain A3 - positioned (reasonably correctly).
    b) 1 x glossy A3 - positioned in 1 corner.

Both from the same file with the same print settings. That picture is supposed to have a lot of whitespace around the edge. I've also uploaded a 3rd A3 glossy print (c) that has less of a white border and, as you can see, it too is positioned in 1 corner.

Thanks again for any advice
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by redcow View Post
    Can you upload a sample page?
    In the meantime having the image "just shifted to one edge"...a little clarification - right edge, left edge, top edge, bottom edge. What tray are you printing from. The printer properties are changed to the correct paper type?
    What's the page count on the printer. Is it time for new rollers?
    Without looking at it I'm kinda grasping at straws.
    Are you on the admin here Redcow??

I guess you're still grasping at straws and possibly to impolite to let me know you have no idea!

So sorry that I didn't take the day off from work to monitor this forum for your reply to my Bright idea.
    Tell you what, being as impolite as I am, I'll pass and let someone else come up with bright ideas.

Good luck