Thread: P4014n 10.94.00 error

Default P4014n 10.94.00 error

Hi all,

I am currently working in Iraq servicing printers for our armed forces. I am currently working on an HP P4014n. I am getting a 10.94.00 error code and it is telling me to removed the shipping locks from the cartridge. This error does not come up everytime, but very often. Obviosly, the shipping locks have beem removed. I tried a different toner cartridge but still get the error. I tried a new formatter, same error. I do not have a spare DC controller card or motor to try. I tried cleaning the contacts on both toner and in the printer. i have checked the connectors for the motor to the DC board. they seem ok, although i did not ohm out each wire. I am wondering how it determins that it thinks the locks are still on, is it getting a feedback from the motor if it feels too much drag... is there a sensor some where... does it measure resistance through the contact to the chip on toner cartridge? if i knew these things, i might be able to know what else to look at.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Brian.... from Balad Iraq.

Hi:
    After some searching of the Internet there are three posts asking about this issue but no answers. The HP Web Site has nothing either. I can only offer some general advice. I am guessing here! Some of these new printers have copper contacts on the toner cartridge. In a few cases I have had to scrub them with a pencil eraser to get them shiny and then the cartridge would work. Since you have tried a known good cartridge then it would seem the problem is in the printer. Is this printer under warranty? Do you have an HP Rep or Salesperson back in the 'States? If so that is a good question for those people. Sometimes the only way to troubleshoot a problem like this is to swap parts between printers until the problem moves to the other machine or goes away. If you do this be sure to mark the parts so you do not get them mixed up. Please let us know what you find.

Al

Thanks for the input. I did clean the contacts on the cartridge with an eraser (actually it was made for just that use, as it came in a circuit card repair kit :-)). I dont have another 4014 in shop to trouble shoot with. I do have a spare formatter, but that did not fix it. I do not have a spare DC controller though, so it will be hard to trouble shoot that, and that is the next thing that i suspect. it still ripped apart and i just scratch my head at it evey now and then. :-( . Maybe I will get in a nother 4014 soon to trouble shoot it with. Do you know if the motor gives any feed back to the formatter, via the DC controller, to indicate such things? (i dont have a spare motor anyway, so i would be stuck anyway)

I'll keep you informed if i make any progress.

Default Possible Resolution

Good Morning,

I just saw your thread, we had the same problem with one of our printers last night and this morning, an HPLJ P4515x. Our hardware tech reports that he reseated the toner cartridge connector pin inside the printer. To access the pin he had to remove the external printer housing and then he removed the power supply. The printer is now up and running for 30 minutes so far with no errors in a very heavy printing environment. I hope this helps. :-)