Thread: Laserjet 1020 prints blank pages

Default Laserjet 1020 prints blank pages

Hi all! Trying to troubleshoot a Laserjet 1020 given to me by a friend. Physically appears to be in good shape, but having trouble getting it to. Got both the full version and basic HP drivers, tried each one. Both will spool a print job OK, but always just a blank page prints. I have read that this is an issue with other HP lasers, so I'm not sure what I'm up against here.

Also, sometimes when spooling a print job, the printer winds up like it's going to print, but just sits there running without grabbing a sheet of paper. Have to kill the power switch to stop it, won't finish. USB cable works fine on other devices. Anyone else gotten stuck on this problem, find a solution? Thanks!

Going to open the case tonight & see if anything looks wrong inside, paper stuck under a sensor etc, give it a basic once over, see if it wants to cooperate or not

Default Problem solved - poor HP design, great printer

Found the cause of printing the blank pages. So stupid. The HP 1020 has a very small, fragile tab on the leading edge of the toner door which depresses a little switch inside when the door is closed. When the tab is broken, the printer thinks the door is open/toner cartridge is missing, and refuses to print anything, even though it runs the print job . Why didn't HP have a little warning box say, "! Please close the toner door . Check the toner door switch tab is not broken, otherwise please purchase a replacement door. " OK

Default Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gkitf16 View Post
    Found the cause of printing the blank pages. So stupid. The HP 1020 has a very small, fragile tab on the leading edge of the toner door which depresses a little switch inside when the door is closed. When the tab is broken, the printer thinks the door is open/toner cartridge is missing, and refuses to print anything, even though it runs the print job . Why didn't HP have a little warning box say, "! Please close the toner door . Check the toner door switch tab is not broken, otherwise please purchase a replacement door. " OK
    After buying a new cartridge and re-installing the drivers multiple times, I came across your post. Sure enough, the tab had broken off where the toner door fits, probably as a result of shipping the printer from New Jersey to Hawaii. I removed the broken off tab and inserted a ball of paper into the slot, and sure enough, ink on paper once again! Thanks so much gkitf16 for posting.

5. Default Laserjet 1020 printers blank pages

Ensure that the cables are properly connected; you need to ensure that your printer is properly connected, and plugged in, and also the cable is accurately connected to the computer as well.

Check the power; make sure that the printer’s power is switched on, ensure that all the computer necessary computer components are also turned on.

Make sure that the hardware is properly plugged in, and also turned on. Apply troubleshooting.

A troubleshooter is a tool, which is generated automatically and which can easily fix the problems that occur with your system.

Thus, if you are coming across different issues related to your printer, then you can consult the troubleshooter.

You require driver applications to run your hardware devices.

Make sure that the drivers are not outdated, corrupt, or incompatible, resulting in disrupting the communication between the printer and the computer.

Always make sure that you are making use of the most recent and latest device drivers, and also that are compatible with your system requirements and specifications, as this can be extremely useful in resolving printer issues.