Thread: HP2605dn color LJ - black toner intermittently light

Question HP2605dn color LJ - black toner intermittently light

Have had this printer for several years without trouble. Suddenly it started printing intermittently with the black toner barely showing at all. Other colors not affected. Tried a different driver; no change. It happens with various programs too, not just one. It only happens once out of about 6 or 8 print jobs. Changing cartridges didn't help either. Any ideas?

These kind of problems are very difficult to isolate. Sometimes a color laser printer needs a good bath in compressed air. Does the entire print job that fails get printed poorly? If it is only black that is affected then it is probably not an exterior problem like a power or network cable problem. Maybe take a close look at the springs that contact the black cartridge? Check the plastic light pipes that bring the laser signal to the toner cartridge?

Default light printout

i had also experience in color laserjet 2650 light printout issue but not in black. i encountered it on magenta, while printing a supply status page i noticed that left portion of the printout is light.

i tested the magenta toner on another unit and it seem to work fine.by further isolation i tried to replaced the laser/scanner assy and i have proved that laser/scanner is responsible for the issue.

if you had another unit try to borrow its laser/scanner and install it to the faulty machine.