Thread: 4345 Issues

Default 4345 Issues

Hello. I got two HP Laserjet 4345MFP (NOT the M4345 just 4345) with some problems.

Here's the first one:

We have a person on site all the time and he sent a firmware to it and it now says "RESEND FIRMWARE" which in the manual says it needs to be done through the parrallel...try to send it and it pops up "DISK FILE OPERATION FAILED". I think the HDD that he gave me to replace it was actually for a 5550...just unattached from it's home. Threw it in initialized it and got the same thing. Is it because it wasn't made for this machine?

Here's the second one:

Keep getting a 49.09 error code. It was/is also getting a "DISK FILE OPERATION FAILED" message when trying to do a firmware upgrade on it. Have changed out just about everything formatter wise on the machine and it's still getting the 49 error.

49's are usually a firmware issue, but for the on-board NIC 's. Try to update it first, then the printer firmware. The drive's should not be swapped. Re-seat the formatter.
    Sometime a few NVRAM Inits are needed for the DC Cont to sync up to the formatter.