Thread: 10.00.02 memory supply error

Default 10.00.02 memory supply error

I have a 6 year old, Color LaserJet 5500DTN it was working fine a 2 days ago, then there was a drop in temprature as it lives in the garage.

However, I was using it that morning for new years eve A3 greetings then that night after a storm it was turned off, there was stroms in the past and it worked after that, but there was other storms as well, but it wasnt plugged in, I did that to protect the machines electronics.

So I went to turn it on that night to do some color bulletins for church, when i powered it on it came with a 10.00.02 supplies error at first i thought to open it and reseat the offending cartridge, before that I was giving it a new years check over.

Before the error the colors were correct.

What causes the 10.00.02 error? Recently it has been having problems with its memory dimm as well.

I want this printer working before the college year, starts next month.
    I'm really am dissapointed having such a great workhorse sitting here idle, when it would so much to offer, I only done nearly 2,000 sheets since purchase a year ago, It its due for a yearly service anyway. And the toners are 77% full and so are the paper trays all ready to start work, so its a shame to have it just sit there doing nothing.

In attemp to clear the error i did the following:

Swapped over toners, but the swaped toners lost their levels.
    Did a cold reset
    cleaned the machine.
    Last edited by woodss; 01-02-2010 at 10:28 AM.

Generally that memory supply error has to do with the chips on the toner cartridges ...

usually there is a Troubleshooting mode where you can choose "Disable Cartridge Check" which should allow you to continue printing ... the other solutions would be to clean the toner contacts, and buy yet another toner...

if they're aftermarket toners, the remanufacturer may not be properly replacing the chips on the toner...

i have ordered another chip for the toner, if that wont solve the issue what is the next step.

Did you try pressing the green button with the check symbol after the error comes up? That will usually stop the error until you power it down and back up again. With that error condition you will not be able to tell how much toner is left.

We see a lot of this error. Some are genuine, brand new HP cartridges, some are refilled cartridges. Occasionally cleaning the gold contacts on the cartridge gently with a soft pencil erraser will stop the error.

Al

problem solved, changing the toner chip cured the problem.
    when will the chip go back to the toner level which was 77% now its 99% how does the printer do this?

Is there a way to force the printer do this or do I let the printer do it itself at its own accord.

That memory chip comes set to 100% and every time you print something the printer decides how much toner has been used and decrements the chip. I was surprised that the chip was available. Thanks for sharing!

Al

I did a cold reset, to the machine no effect but it reset the machine back to factory defaults.

You can buy the chips from toner remanufacturers some will sell it some wont.