Thread: HP 4250 printing black stripe

Default HP 4250 printing black stripe

I am working on an HP Laserjet 4250 printer. It is printing a black stripe in the middle of the page, every 3 inches down the page. Any ideas?

Is this a vertical stripe or an horizontal stripe? Did you change the toner cartridge? Do you know how to do a half page print? Start a test page and try to stop it when it is about halfway through the toner cartridge. Raise the cover, pull the toner cartridge and look at the page. If the problem is in the toner cartridge you will see the error. If the problem is in the fuser then what you have printed will look OK, except of course it will not be fused to the paper yet. Takes a few tries to get it stopped at just the right place. Please let us know what you found.

The black spongy roller that mates with the green roller in the toner cartridge is the Transfer Roller, it transfers the high voltage charge to the image drum. If the transfer roller is contaminated with toner it can also do this but this not seen often.

Al

The black marks are about every 5 inches vertically. I did a half page test and it did not show up from the toner cartridge but did after the fuser. The printer is about 2 years old and prints about 200-300 pages a day and the fuser has not been changed since it was new. I explained that they should do awhole maintenance kit complete with rollers and fuser. What is your take on this?

Sounds like a good plan.

Al