Thread: Oki c5800ldn color bleeding

Unhappy Oki c5800ldn color bleeding

For going on a week now, our office printer, Oki c5800ldn, is bleeding Magenta as almost a drop shadow. I've cleaned like EVERYTHING in the machine. Replaced the toner and drum, and it still shadows! Oki tech support didn't really help either. Anything that prints or blends with Magenta is affected, almost like it's not lined up properly. I have also run manual adjustments out of the menu. Restarted it to adjust it...NOTHING WORKS!

Help please! I'm getting desprite.

My first advice would have been to do what you've already done, replace toner and drum ... if you have another Magenta toner to spare, you might try one more, just to be sure it's not a bad batch of toner cartridges, especially if they're remanufactured toners instead of the genuine brand toner ...

I'm not familiar with this model; but most do have calibrations in the menu so it may need a series of those ... on HP's, sometimes you have to do a calibration 3 or 4 times for it to take and reset itself properly...

I am assuming it's not a fuser, but to rule out the fuser, you can do a halfway test, where you allow the print to start printing a test page and then lift the lid on the printer or cut power to stop the page while it's passing in front of the toners, before it reaches the fuser. If you see the magenta markings at this point, you know it can't be the fuser since it hasn't reached the fuser. :-)

To be honest, if recalibrating it through the menus doesn't work and you're convinced it's not a series of bad toners, you're probably going to need a technician to come out because there are several possible parts that could cause it. (It wouldn't really be worth you buying & installing any of these parts yourself ... it would be ideal if someone had spare parts or a spare parts machine, but used Oki parts are not real common in the repair industry ... defect could be coming from a laser scanner, roller, or belt that is defective.)
    Last edited by cs_steve; 12-09-2009 at 11:01 PM.