Thread: HP P2015dn dropped off network

Default HP P2015dn dropped off network

My HP P2015dn dropped off the network. I've eliminated the cable and the wall drop as the culprit. I printed the self test/configuration pages and the IP address setting is listed as "Configuring". the link light on the RJ45 receptacle is constantly flashing when the cable is connected. Is this enough info to determine the ethernet adapter is shot, or are there other diagnostics i could try?

The flashing light should be on solid.
    If the printer is near a PC, take the network cable from the PC and plug it in the printer. See if the light goes solid on.

You may have a bad Jet Direct. Which means Formatter.
    Interesting observation...can't find the formatter listed in the parts list!!
    FW defect
    Print a config page. Press and hold the Go button ~5 secs. The LEDs will flash. Release the button. A config page will print. Look at the product information block. Look for the Firmware Date Code. If it reads 2XX70813 order a formatter.
    If the code is 20070810 go to http:// www.hp.com/pond/firmware/hidden/p2015FWUpg20070810.html and flash the firmware. The 2XX70813 is non flashable
    Last edited by redcow; 10-31-2009 at 12:48 AM. Reason: new data it's a FW Defect

Default Thanks redcow!

the firmware date code is 20070810 so should be flashable. However, the link to the firmware is no longer valid. Do you know of an alternate source for the firmware? Google and I are having no luck...
    UPDATE: I found this page - http://www.hp.com/pond/firmware/hidd...g20080312.html
    Can i update my firmware with this file or must it be done incrementally?
    Last edited by singulargal; 11-02-2009 at 12:32 PM. Reason: update information

Doesn't have to be done incrementally.

Load the latest.

Hope that firmware update works for you ...
    if it doesn't we carry formatters at PrinterTechs ...