Thread: Re: Hp4000 fuser

Red face Re: Hp4000 fuser

How do you disassemble the fuser from the printer?

There are screws that i see around the back of the printer.

Are any spring that i should watch out if i unscrew it?

Can you direct me to a link on how to disassemble the printer from the fuser?

Thanking you in advance.

Open the back door. It stops at about a 45 degree angle. Push it about halfway closed and lift up the catch that stops it halfway open. Now the door will fold all the way down. Remove the two silver screws. Pop the door off by prying gently on the bottom of the cover with a small flat-blade screwdriver. Slide it down and out of the top cover.

At both lower corners of the fuser are a silver screw. Loosen them and slide the fuser out. Be careful if the printer was powered up recently because the fuser will be hot.

Wiggle the replacement fuser a little as you slide it into place to make sure the power connector seats. Tighten the two silver retaining screws. Do not overtighten them.

Hold the back cover with the bottom of the cover out from the printer frame a few inches. Push the top of the cover under the top cover of the printer until it seats. Push the bottom of the back cover into the frame and replace the two silver screws that hold it in place. Overtighten these and you can break the black plastic frame. Gorilla glue is the best remedy for this. You have to clamp the two parts together and leave it overnight to set up.

Do a Google search and you should be able to find a service manual that you can print out.

Al

Smile

Thanks, Man. You are a lifesaver.