Thread: p3005n gears not starting up

Default p3005n gears not starting up

I have a P3005n printer that I recently installed a high voltage power supply in. Now after putting it back together the gears will not start up. The printer turns on, the fan starts and we get info on the display screen, but the gears do not turn at all. I checked and re-checked all the connections. Am I missing something?? Anybody got any ideas? Thanks!!!

What error message do you get on the display screen?

Like I said none of the gears turn at start up but I do get an error message if I let it boot up all the way. The message is: 13.20.00 Jam Inside Rear Bin.

Try reseating the fuser ... sometimes those drive gears can lock up ...

Done. Still doing the same thing...got any other suggestions??

Why did you replace the HVPS in the first place?

The print was very faded. Tried 2 known good fusers and 2 known good toners. This is what HP recommeded that we do next.

That 13.20.00 Jam Inside Rear Bin error message is probably the key to the gears-not-activating problem...

Just for curiosity, do you have another fuser around you can try?
    The printer believes there's a paper jam in the machine, so it will not cycle the gears...

Most likely culprit would be the fuser's sensor flag, so I would check to see if that is damaged / out of place, otherwise check the other sensors throughout the machine, and obviously check for any genuine paper jams or bits stuck in the paper path ...

-- -----------------
    As far as the faded print, it could also be your transfer roller or scanner if the HVPS doesn't end up fixing the problem ...

The gears were working before you swapped out the HVPS.
    If you haven't sent it back yet, how about putting the original HVPS back in the printer.