Thread: Scanner / Document feeder recommendations

Default Scanner / Document feeder recommendations

Hi all,

sorry to post on here with questions without previously trying to assist anyone on here.
    i have been given a project at very short notice and after reading a few contradicting reveiws about printers thought I'd ask the experts instead.

I require a Document feeder with at least 50 ADF. It also needs to be networkable and capable of doing "drop out scanning" (whatever that is)

The company uses HP (so that is preferable, but not essential). Ideally costing about $1000

many thanks in advance

Best bet would be to locate your local HP shop if there is one. If not, call HP.

Al

I don't know much about this "drop out scanning" feature... if they're referring to what I think they are referring to, then "drop out scanning" can mean that the scanner has the capability to "ignore" a certain color when you scan in a document... for example, on a photo scan maybe you want to ignore the color "green" in a photo, or maybe you only want to scan in text on a page that has the color "blue" ...

Sounds like a pretty neat feature, but I don't know if any HP models have it :-) You should definitely talk to HP sales, but before you do, talk to your customer to be exactly sure what they mean by "drop out scanning" feature as depending on the Customer Service rep you get with HP, they may have no idea either ...

Ended up buying a HEWLETT-PACKARD ScanJet N8460
    Time will tell as to whether it is a good or bad bpurchase.