Thread: LaserJet 4 plus

Default LaserJet 4 plus

I have a laserjet 4plus that has a part RB1-2105-030CN Cartridge Support, that has come out of the printer and now it won't print. I downloaded a repair manual that had the part name and number in it but doesn't show exactly where it goes in the printer I know that it came from in the toner area of the printer but just can't figure out exactly where.Can anyone help? My wife really loves this printer and needs it badly.

Inside the toner cavity , up on the frame, above the fuser It flex's to fit in.
    If it is just the flap, then it is broken and needs to be replaced.

It's easier to install this part with the top cover off ...

Thanks MichaelTech and CS Steve for your help I took the top off as was suggested and then was able to see where the cartridge support needed to go. I put it back in, put the covers back on, installed the toner and it works great now. Thanks again for all your help. I have a repair manual for the printer but the none of the illustrations showed where the part actually fit into the printer.
    Also where can i order a new cartridge support in case this one falls out again? I think it fit a little loose due to age and movement from removing and reinstalling the toner.

Again thanks for all your help

My 200th Post

You might have to source the replacement part from a dead laserjet 4 plus, however I checked my part supplier and it can still be ordered, however google RB1-2105-030CN or ask cs steve if printer techs can supply you a replacement.

To repair the problem if happens again might have to remove the Paper Feed / MP Tray Assembly, to have better access, however I haven't had this problem with any of the laserjet 4 / 4 plus series that I worked on, mainly had fuser problems and gear train problems and paper jams.

CS Steve, does printer techs still supply parts for these old machines?
    Last edited by woodss; 06-11-2009 at 12:54 PM.

Sure we sell parts for the LaserJet 4Plus ... it's still one of our most popular printers, believe it or not ... they are great workhorses ... slow but reliable :-)

They will last MILLIONS of pages if maintained properly...