Thread: HP colour LJ 3800 error 10.92.03

Unhappy HP colour LJ 3800 error 10.92.03

Hi All, my first time here.
    I changed the C,M lock levers on this machine and battled for hours with a 59.C0. after timming the pcu drive gears it no comes up with 10.92.03. i've checked and double checked everything around the yellow pcu with no results. I'm getting desperate as the machine was working before i "messed things up" ( clients opinion )
    any help greatly appreciated

thanx muz

That replacement is a very involved process --one of the more complicated things you'll do in "printer-teching", and if it's your first time (or your second, or your third :-) it's pretty easy for something to go wrong ...

It looks like you just replaced the Magenta and Cyan locks -- you really should replace all four locks at the same time ... sometimes a lock might look "ok" but it can be cracked and just not obvious ...

Most likely it's a gear alignment issue ... in particular, there is a drive gear on the top of the MDA that drives the color cartridges, you must rotate that gear several clicks in order for it to disengage all 3 color cartridges ... it might be that this particular drive gear is only rotated enough so that just the yellow cartridge is being disengaged ...

Steve is correct. Replace one broken lock, replace all the locks at the same time.
    Sounds like the little holes in the gears are mis-aligned.
    Did you plug all the connectors back on the DC Controller? Recheck it.

Thumbs up

Thank you gentlemen,
    Arround the 8th or 9th time, I noticed theat the LH transfer belt Hinge was loose. it was broken, but still looked like it was working. I don't think it was me, because I think it was always wobbly, but I will probably comp' the client for this part. I think I have the gears alligned properly. All the timming marks align with something and the machine cycles further than before. Could the broken hinge cause these symptoms?

thanx muz