Thread: Brother HL5250 DN Paper Jams

Default Brother HL5250 DN Paper Jams

We have four of these machines in our office here and three of them seem to jam on a less than regular basis. They get jammed about once every two weeks or so. The fourth one, on the other hand, cannot print more than a page or two without getting jammed. Is this a common problem that anyone knows of with this model? Should I expect this soon with my other printers? Or is this specific machine defective and needs to be replaced? Obviously you can't really tell without having it in front of you, but any suggestions / advice would be appreciated.

you'll need to elaborate on the jamming part

where does it jam? or is it just not picking up the paper?

if it's the later, try moving the paper size adjuster/stopper of the cassette slightly further and see if that helps.

down here in australia we use a4 instead of letter size paper. and the adjuster could not move any further. so i simply remove the adjuster.

i found the problem being caused by the fact that the paper was held too tightly against the front end when the paper is been lifted to the feeding position. noticed the 4 inward slanting plastic guides at the front end? that to me is a very stupid idea.