Thread: Laserjet 2420 - Repair & PM Work

Smile Laserjet 2420 - Repair & PM Work

Located in Kansas City, MO. Does anyone have suggestions as to where I might get our 2420 PM'd, cleaned or repaired if it is not under warranty?

We have an issue with the feeder tray not feeding paper properly and I have
    a feeling that it may just need a thorough cleaning.

Appreciate any help or direction with this request.

Are you haveing a problem with Tray 1 or Tray 2?

Some issues we have with this printer feeding from Tray 2:
    -The paper size backstop is not right on the mark. We usually use 8.5 X 11 paper. If the setting is too tight by even one click of the stop it may be too hard for the roller to pick the paper and you get an occasional miss-feed. Too loose and it gives a late jam.

-Someone dropped the tray and the front popped off. Putting it back on the metal plate that the paper sits on did not get back into the center of the "C" shaped end of the paper level indicator. If the metal sheet is on top of or underneath the "C" the paper will not feed correctly.

- Dusty paper causing the feed rolls to get slick. Cleaning them with some alcohol usually fixes this unless the printer has a high page count and is due for a maintenance kit.

Check the yellow pages or google. I am sure there is an HP authorized shop in the KC area.

Let us know what you find!

Al
    Last edited by Big Al; 04-27-2009 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Addition

Blog Entries

If you can't find anyone locally we have customers ship us printers for repair all the time. 866-352-7108
    Site administrator www.printertechs.com

We have "do-it-yourself" maintenance kits, and installation instructions on the PrinterTechs web site ... you don't have to be a tech, if you're fairly handy this is doable ... if you're curious whether this is something you can install yourself, check the instructions out ... http://www.printertechs.com/tech/mkinst/mk-2400-1.php

If this is your first time to do a maintenance kit, it will probably take about 30-45 minutes ...

maintenance kit for a paper feed problem? isn't that an overkill?

i would suggest to print a status page to see the page count first. those paper feed rollers in that machine only last about 30-40k pages. fuser unit would last >100k.

Blog Entries

fuser unit would last >100k.
    We've seen brand new fusers in the 2400 series fail in 40,000-70,000 range. Lower pressure roller bushings from HP are likely to wear out pretty quickly, which causes some nasty gear grinding.
    Site administrator www.printertechs.com