Thread: Canon ip 2600 disassembly?

Default Canon ip 2600 disassembly?

Hello,

I've a Canon pixma ip2600 with a drive belt that slipped off its guides. I'm trying to take the outer case apart to get to the mechanism. It clearly snaps together but I've not found the proper sequence to disassemble it. I've removed the 3 obvious screws and tried to pry at the points marked with arrows but no luck so far. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Default Solved!!

Hello,

After a lot of reading and poking I found the method for disassembly:
    1) Remove the three obvious screws in front when the ink loading door is opened.
    2) Remove the top paper holder by flexing it a bit to free one side pin then the other.
    3) THE TRICK: Each of the shiny side pieces comes off first. Pry each one back about 1/4 inch. Then the hooks up front, on top and in back become obvious. Gently free them and remove the side pieces.
    4) After both side pieces are off, free the top by pushing into each of three holes marked with an arrow on the back. What remains are the innards still mounted on the bottom plate. It was easy to reset the drive belt at this point.

Google showed a number of reset tools to reset the internal counters for sheets printed and ink level. I also found instructions on how to enter service mode.

Good Luck.

Default Help?

Hi Dona,

I tried following your dis-assembly instructions, but I am stuck on "the TRICK". I have a printer that wont feed properly and I need to remove the covers to properly inspect and clean the rollers and I cannot figure out how to get the cover off. How, exactly, does one go about removing the "shiny sides"? Where do I pry the sides out from? I just can't seem to get it. Any help at all would be most appreciated.

Default Trick

The TRICK is at the bottom back there are two arrows one on either side, pry between where the arrow indicates backwards, then move to the side you should see the plastic coming apart just below the shiny part then the that whole side slide backwards.

Good Show.

Default most appreciated.

I possess a printer that wont feed properly and I should remove the handles to properly inspect and clean up the rollers and I cannot determine learn to acquire the include off. How, exactly, does just one go about removing the "shiny sides"? in which do I pry the sides out from? I just can't appear to acquire it. Any help whatsoever will be most appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by dona View Post
    1) Remove the three obvious screws in front when the ink loading door is opened.
    In fact, you only need to remove the two outermost screws.

Quote Originally Posted by dona View Post
    3) THE TRICK: Each of the shiny side pieces comes off first. Pry each one back about 1/4 inch. Then the hooks up front, on top and in back become obvious. Gently free them and remove the side pieces.
    The easiest way I found was to locate the vertical join line on each side, below the shiny side piece and about 2½ inches (60mm) back from the front of the printer. Insert a flat-blade screwdriver or similar, and carefully twist. This frees up the entire side piece which, with a bit of persuasion, can then be removed. You may have to help the clips at the back with another small screwdriver.

Hope that helps.