Thread: HP 1510 installation problem

Angry HP 1510 installation problem

I've been working on a client's Dell XP Home SP3 desktop, attempting to install an HP 1510.

1--I know sometimes files are leftover from old printers, so I already removed the drivers for the Dell, Lexmark, Brother and Canon printer she had owned.

2--When I tried to install the HP PSC 1510 printer, it stopped at "Error 1608 Spooler not running." I corrected this in Services, and also turned on Remote Procedure Call, which is a dependency. The printer installed, and I printed from Word.

3-- After the next reboot, the printer was no longer in the printer folder, so I tried reinstalling. It stopped at the same point with the same error, but this time the Spooler WAS running and the RPC WAS on. Now I need help.

Default A Couple of Suggestions for Checking Connectivity

Hello,

A couple of general suggestions for printer connectivity issues:

1) To determine whether it's hardware or software, boot a CD-based Linux distribution such as Knoppix or Ubuntu. It won't touch your hard disk unless you tell it to, but it will allow you to use the printer. If Linux (CUPS) can talk to the printer, then it's in your OS

2) When cleaning out old drivers I've found ccleaner to be quite useful. You can first run the cleaner part and then search for (and fix) registry issues. It usually cleans up driver mismatches for me. www.ccleaner.com.

Good Luck.

Default Dell uses lexmark spooler

Hello, All DELL computers are using Lexmarks spooler, so you have to stop it and remove it manually, to be able to use Windows print spooler.

1. Go in to the start menu and choose "Run"
    2. Write "CMD" and press "OK"
    3. In the window that appears you write "sc config spooler depends= rpcss" and press "enter/return".
    4. Write "net stop spooler" and press "enter/return"
    5. Write "net start spooler" and press "enter/return"
    6. Write "Exit" and press "enter/return"

Try reinstallating the printer now.

Otherwise you can try this.

Internal Lexmark solution:
    Click Start, Run and type Regedit.exe
    Navigate to the following branch
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM*\ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ Spooler
    In the right-pane, double-click the DependOnService value
    Delete the existing data, and then type RPCSS
    Close Regedit.exe