Thread: HP LaserJet 2420 error 13.02 and 13.06 when printing from tray 2.

Default HP LaserJet 2420 error 13.02 and 13.06 when printing from tray 2.

Hello fellow printer techs,

I have an HP LJ 2420 that I need help with repairing. Any print job from tray 2 jams. Control panel message says 13.20.00 Jam Inside Top Cover. Event log show 13.02.00 and 13.06.00 errors messages. When the paper jams there is paper stuck in the output bin area, paper stuck part ways in the fuser, and paper stuck in the registration assembly area.

Thus far I have replaced the cassette tray, replaced all sep pads and pickup roller (tray1 and 2), replaced the tray 2 pickup assembly, Changed out the toner cartridge and fuser with another HP LJ 2420 printer not having this issue.

Could it be a bad motor, bad tray 2solenoid, or bad ECU????

Issue only happens when printing from tray 2. Any advice/tips is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by RichMoua View Post
    Hello fellow printer techs,

I have an HP LJ 2420 that I need help with repairing. Any print job from tray 2 jams. Control panel message says 13.20.00 Jam Inside Top Cover. Event log show 13.02.00 and 13.06.00 errors messages. When the paper jams there is paper stuck in the output bin area, paper stuck part ways in the fuser, and paper stuck in the registration assembly area.

Thus far I have replaced the cassette tray, replaced all sep pads and pickup roller (tray1 and 2), replaced the tray 2 pickup assembly, Changed out the toner cartridge and fuser with another HP LJ 2420 printer not having this issue.

Could it be a bad motor, bad tray 2solenoid, or bad ECU????

Issue only happens when printing from tray 2. Any advice/tips is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Richard

Yes, should be Tray 2 solenoid, sticking from sound dampening pad residue. Repair solenoid by cleaning away the sound dampening pad residue and applying fresh felt, or replace solenoid. (We carry solenoids at PrinterTechs.)