Thread: LJ4100N Random Error 49.1.128

Default LJ4100N Random Error 49.1.128

One of our networked LaserJet 4100n printers has been randomly displaying this error code (49.1.128). Power cycling doesn't clear it, but a cold reset does (for a day or two). It's starting to happen more often now. Any ideas?

David

Default 4100N Random Error

That error indicates a breakdown in communications between the JetDirect card and the server. Has anything changed in this path recently? Is the NIC firmware level up to date? Try reseating the NIC three times, that sometimes wipes off any corrosion on the contacts that mate the NIC to the formatter. Print the error log and look for 79 errors, they indicate formatter problems. Your ethernet cable going to the server could be picking up noise? Sometimes I have ran a temporary cable across the floor to isolate this kind of problem, but that may or may not be possible in your situation. My 2 cents for today! Let us know what you find!

Al

Default LJ4100N Random Error 49.1.128

Ok. The JetDirect Card. We've been having quit a few failures with these older 610N Jetdirect cards. Usually they just drop connection, and a power cycle takes care of the problem for awhile (till it finially dies). This one is slightly different. I'll replace it and let you know what happens. Thanks for the info!

David Milsop