Thread: hp 3800 will not printer from all four cartridges

Default hp 3800 will not printer from all four cartridges

I have a hp 3800 that will not print from the yellow or the Magenta cartridge. Prints for the black and cyan ok. I have put it in Diag. mode and switched the carts. around and they all work well. I have marked the two carts. not working and they are turning. I was on the phone with my tech support for over an hour and we thought we could change the high voltage board, guess what that didn't do it. Well being I was already there I changed the dc controler, didn't help. I just really can't think of anything I have not done that may help. The only thing left is get on the internet and ask for help, well here I am. HELP!!!!

Explain again about your switching the cartridges around and they all worked.

I have put it in Diag. mode and switched the carts. around and they all work well.

So the magenta and yellow are working? The problem went away??
    Why did you have to mark the cartridges. HP cartridges already have the colours labeled on the cartridges. You are using HP toner?
    [IMG]file:///tmp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///tmp/moz-screenshot-4.jpg[/IMG]

Default 3800 will not print from all 4 cart.

When I put the yellow in the black it works and the red in the cyan it works, which tells me the carts. are working. The other two still don't work.

You mark the drums to see if they are turning, not the carts. color!

Quote Originally Posted by redcow View Post
    Explain again about your switching the cartridges around and they all worked.

I have put it in Diag. mode and switched the carts. around and they all work well.

So the magenta and yellow are working? The problem went away??
    Why did you have to mark the cartridges. HP cartridges already have the colours labeled on the cartridges. You are using HP toner?
    [IMG]file:///tmp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///tmp/moz-screenshot-4.jpg[/IMG]

How about if you put the black in the yellow or magenta?
    What happens?

Default 3800 will not print from all 4 cart.

As I said in the first post and the next one, if I change the carts. the same two "holes" not cants work and the others don't. If I put the black in the magenta it will not print. The magenta will print in the black pos.

Quote Originally Posted by redcow View Post
    How about if you put the black in the yellow or magenta?
    What happens?

When you close the ITB door look at the cartridges, they should all be opening as the door closes. Are they?

Default hp 3800 will not printer from all four cartridges

yes they are all opening, I have checked everything, and all looks like it is working right. The scanner has two motors, each motor controls two cartridgs, does one motor control one and two or maybe 1 and 3? If 1 and 3 this could be the prolbem couldn't it? I am really lost on this one!

Yes, the scanner does. that would be the thing to replace, but all the other stuff shoud not have been the problem. A faulty ETB could also be it.