Thread: HP 2605dn printer won't print

Question HP 2605dn printer won't print

The HP 2605dn printer stopped working. The printer gives an error message that says, "Replace Supplies". The black toner cartridge was recently replaced. The toner levels of all the cartridges are: black=100%, cyan=53%, magenta=48%, yellow=52%.0 The toner threshold, which is the toner level at which the printer will stop working, is set to 10%.0 Removing and reseating the toner cartridges still gives the error message.

Default HP 2605dn printer won't print

First of all I dont have a manual for this one, so i'm going to wing it a little and I'm assuming that its telling you to change 1 specific color, right? I always start with a cold reset, just in case printer is confused. You could then try:

1.Some newer color lasers let you switch the cartridges to a different slot and run diagnostic prints. See if you can do that and see if the error follows the cartridge.(but if it doesnt go easy dont force it cause there are some that will not permit cartridge switching). If for example you switch the yellow cartridge to the black slot and the black to the yellow. If the error was originally the yellow and after switching its the black, replace the cartridge or double check the settings. If its stays with the yellow its the machine.

2. more than 70% of color laser problems are cleaning related issues. Completely blow out machine with air. Clean all cartridge sensors with a soft brush. clean all metal contacts for the cartridge in the printer.

3. Could be HVPS

4. Could be DC Controller

Lightbulb Answer to Question

If you go through the printer's menu you can find something that says, "Override Out" you select it and then push the check button, it will then not stop letting you print if the printer thinks that the ink is out. It will let you get more out of your cartridge.