Thread: consistent 13.1 error HP 4000n

Exclamation consistent 13.1 error HP 4000n

I have a customer with a HP 4000n. I have replaced the maintenance kit including the half moon rollers. I could run around 20 sheets then get the 13.1 jam. While watching it looks like the rollers just do not grab right... yet all the rollers are new. They had another HP 4000n in storage that I brought out and put the maintenance kit in with the new rollers and still get the same 13.1 jams consistently. I am at a loss and know it can not be the sensor because it will feed some pages before jamming. The only thing remaining is that it is the paper... any other ideas?

Default 4000n 13.1 jams

Hi:
    I had the same problem recently. There are two gray rollers
    that feed the paper after the "D" rollers get it moving out of the
    paper tray. One is near the "D" rollers and the other is on the
    paper tray. I replaced these and all was well.

Big Al

Thanks Al,
    I replaced all the rolls that are listed for tray 2... not sure and do not see any other rollers other than the one in tray 2, the "D" shaped rollers and the roller just beyond those.

Thumbs up Fixed

It was the paper... went back with my own ream of paper and the machines both ran over 300 sheets no jams... sometimes I make it more complicated than it is!

Quote Originally Posted by blaestech View Post
    It was the paper... went back with my own ream of paper and the machines both ran over 300 sheets no jams... sometimes I make it more complicated than it is!
    yeah sometimes I do that too.

I suggest you change paper brands, it wouldnt hurt to check the rollers.