Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slow network printing

Default HP LaserJet P3005 printer

Quote Originally Posted by printerguy View Post
    I had a slow printing problem with ethernet, using the PCL6 driver on an HP LaserJet P3005 printer.
    When the PCL5 driver was used, the problem disappeared.
    HP LaserJet P3005 Driver for All Os download

Good Work!

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ukbit View Post
    We are currently using Deskjet 6940 printers over a network and are having issues with the time it takes for documents to print.
    We are using Windows Server 2003 and a variety of machines using either XP or Vista. When sending documents to print it can take up to 5 minutes to start printing but when printing directly via USB they print almost instantly. The users are getting increasingly frustrated with the delay and we have so far been unable to find a solution to this problem.
    The strange thing is that when printing from the machines within the IT department documents print out almost immeditely to any of the printers withing the company.
    Oh My Bad i just saw this thread after 3 4 years :P I am sure UKBIT got new printer well this problem is very common with other users too, if someone facing the same kind of problem they should need to change their printer and get a HP Laser Jet printer series because HP printers is mind blowing for office printing need.
    Last edited by cs_steve; 05-03-2012 at 03:48 PM. Reason: remove link per TOS

You are all using the same drivers which are set to print right away. I guess you have to wait for the queue of spooling of the printer so that it will take it little by little.