Thread: HP LaserJet 4100N "13.1 Paper Jam" Error

Default HP LaserJet 4100N "13.1 Paper Jam" Error

Have a LaserJet 4100N that is giving me 13.1 Paper Jam errors each time I power up and try to print a configuration. The following chain of events happens...

Turn the printer on
    The fan comes on for a few seconds
    The fan goes out - Printer continues Initialization with no other noises
    Printer reaches READY state
    Using Control Panel, a configuration page is chosen
    The fan comes on
    A sound, as if a switch is clicking off, occurs
    The 13.1 error immediately comes on

I have another Laser 4100 in the area and there are normal power up and processing sounds that are not occuring with the bad one. I swapped fuser assemblys, but it did no good.

Tore printer down and checked sensors too. Double-checked all wiring connections.

Help!!

Did you check the feed rollers in the tray, also check the D-shaped Rollers in each of the trays to make sure they are not worn, if they are replace them.

Default Thanks

I appreciate the stab with the rollers. I am "well-experienced" in checking these basic areas in trouble-shooting.

I have finally settled on the problem being the main PCA board, related to the power (why . I found a technican lead on HP's site that led me logically to that (see explaination below).
    ================================================== ======
    The fan behavior sounds normal, but it sounds like your main motor isn't running. Normally, this should give you a 59 error, so I would guess that your Engine Controller board is bad -- it not only isn't running the motor, it doesn't care that it isn't running the motor. Part number for this board is RG5-5359.
    ================================================== ======

Once again, thanks for taking the time to offer the thoughts.

I agree with that tech, faulty boards can cause problems.

Go ahead and replacing the board, let us know what your progress is.