Thread: printing on thick paper

Default printing on thick paper

hi all, i was wondering if there was a printer that prints on thick photo paper like 280 gsm without getting jammed, i dont want to pay too much really, maybe £50-£60 . any advice would be great, thankyou, Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by smyth View Post
    hi all, i was wondering if there was a printer that prints on thick photo paper like 280 gsm without getting jammed, i dont want to pay too much really, maybe £50-£60 . any advice would be great, thankyou, Craig.
    You want to be looking for a "straight-through paper path" printer.. HP do have some of them but I haven't got direct experience of any that would fit your price bracket and in truth I've not actually played with straight through printing as yet.

I do know that from discussing this recently with someone more in the know that 280gsm is at the top end of "compatible" media so you may have problems regardless..

Best of luck.

Not at that price! Actually, your's is worth more than mine {US}, so ya might look at low-end plotters. Several HP large format inkjet and deskjet will work.
    More in the 200-300$ range. Sorry.