Thread: Laser Jet 2200 Prints Blank Pages From Tray 1

Angry Laser Jet 2200 Prints Blank Pages From Tray 1

I just put in a maintenance kit into this Laser Jet 2200 now tray 1 only prints blank pages.Tried another fuser aand toner cartridge same promble.Also fails engine test from tray 1.Tray 2 works fine any ideas ?

Thaaanks

Roland

are you saying that paper from both trays pulls in and exits seemingly normal but tray 1 gives a blank print and from tray 2 gives a good print?

Default LaserJet 2200 blank pages from tray 1

No.When it prints from tray 1 the pages are blank and it only pulls from tray 1.When I print from tray 2 it prints fine and only pulls from tray 2.

Thaanks

Roland

right.thats what i meant.i would say that it could be an issue with the registration or possibly the tray 1 pickup roller or assembly.where the registration stops the print to line it up with the image on the cartridge drum and somehow it is out of alignment and missing it from tray 1.normally if anything is out of alignment with the paper feed ,then an error will come up .but it could be slipping between the cracks so to speak.

you could try a half stop test and when the trailing edge of the paper from tray 1 is just entering the machine;open it up to stop the print and take out the cartridge and look at the drum to see if any print is there on the drum.like maybe just the trailing edge of the print on the drum ,while just the leading edge of the page is comming in.

it is an odd issue though and could be something else,like a motor slipping or scanner or something.but if it started after you replaced a maintenance kit;it may well be related.

I've got the same issue but with a 2420. When it pulls from tray 2 all is well but when it pulls from tray 3 the pages are blank...and it jams. But one sheet (and half of another) are past the transfer roller when it jams and they have no toner on them.

Before I realized this I thought it was a simple paper feed issue but now I'm leaning towards some sort of logic/controller board. But idunno.

Network? Parallel? The engine card on the right behind the main gear plate is the most likely suspect.

with the 2420;what happens if you print just a single page from tray 3?

Haven't tried that, and I won't be back to the site until Monday (11/26). I was testing by printing a 2-page configuration from trays 2 & 3 from the printer panel, which is strange because when the printer 'jammed', there were sheets in 3 locations - partially through the exit assembly, partially past the transfer roller and the last one on its way up from tray 3 through tray 2.

I'll post again sometime Monday after trying to print from Windows.

Check solonoids for a sticky flapper. Ensure the P/U assy. is seated, and the white bushing at the right is seated also. A timing issue could cause the blanks, and the registration could be worn. Duplexer? check for paper in the lower drop down tray.

Default HP2200 does not print 9's

I have an HP 2200--C7063A that does not print 9's from inside any software package. the test pages are OK, any time a 9 should be printed, there is a blank...any ideas?
    Thanks,