Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HP 8150 print fades

Default HP 8150 print fades

Any ideal why this printer prints dark at the top and gradually fades out toward the bottom of the page? Like on the config page the top part is fine but by the time it gets to the toner gauge the print is really faint. I have replaced the fuser and toner cartridge with a known working 8150 but nothing has helped. Any ideals would be appreciated. Also I adjusted the print quality from within the control panel--still no go. Thanks in advance

H/V assy. may be intermittantly failing. DC cont. also. Even a failing P/S could be it.

Blog Entries

Since the 8150 prints with the leading edge being the long edge of an 8.5x11 inch paper (right side), when you say the bottom of the page is light that would mean it is the left side of the paper path if you are facing the printer from the right side. Anyways, your transfer roller might not be seated correctly on that side. Also, a more remote possibility is that the scanner is dirty.
    Site administrator www.printertechs.com

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelTech View Post
    H/V assy. may be intermittantly failing. DC cont. also. Even a failing P/S could be it.
    Thanks for the input, I was leaning toward the hi voltage ps but wasn't 100% sure, I believe that is the assembley that puts the charge on the paper to attract the toner, I have ordered a hi voltage ps and transfer roller assy and will let you know if this solves the problem. I have never seen this issue before. Also thanks for the other reply and I checked the transfer latches and they were down in the released position.

Default HP 8150 print fades

Hi,

clean printer sacnner glases, contacts and flat cable and tray after it, must be it will work.

bye praveen

Hi, thanks for the reply and that may very well resolve the issue, as an update to my previous post I replaced the transfer roller which had gray shadow where the faint print was coming from, but it is still doing the same, thought for sure that was it, I still have a hsvp that I have not replaced to see if that is the issue. This is an issue that is difficult to resolve, any input would be appreciated. Will keep you posted and thanks for the input.

did you check or clean the contacs in the cartridge slot?

Laser unit is the next part to try, I did a print on the 8150 services manual today and searched it throughly never found anything that relates to a faded print at the bottom of the page. I am just going to tear it completely down with vacuum in hand and rebuild it. Thanks for all the suggestions and will appreciate any additional input. This one is becoming a pain, better yet it may be something super simple, lol.

You sluffed over Jeff's reply.
    Where is it fading. The bottom of the 8.5" sheet or the side that's 11" ?

Sorry, the bottom of the 8.5 inch page