Thread: Cartridge Problem. Please Help

Default Cartridge Problem. Please Help

I used instructions from various online instructions to re-manufacture Q2613X cartridge for Hp laserjet 1300. I managed to open up and refill the toner hopper. But when i put the cartridge back and printed a test page it was nothing more than a lot of thick dark lines running horizontally. I have scanned a printed page it is hosted on:

Please tell me where the problem lies.

Bad drum ground.To try to repair,clean all old grease off and relube with conductive grease.

It would be best if he just simply buy a quality remanufactured cartridge or OEM would be prefered.

I dont like refilling toner cartridges, and thats the reason why, that is a earth problem with the drum, and I am now worried that you could have shorten the high voltage power supply on your printer and to repair that would be very costly.

Remanfacturing is much more than replacing toner into the hopper, you have many other things to do clean out the waste toner hopper and replace the wiper blade and doctor blade and relube the drum, and vacuum the toner cartridge before placing new toner in.

I am very much against refilling toners, I have done it myself and its nothing but trouble.
    Last edited by woodss; 06-13-2007 at 11:28 PM.

Yep,

just try a compatible ot reman for better pricing. Refilling yourself, usualy is a dirty job and could lead to loosing the printer. Believe me!

Quote Originally Posted by woodss View Post
    It would be best if he just simply buy a quality remanufactured cartridge or OEM would be prefered.

I dont like refilling toner cartridges, and thats the reason why, that is a earth problem with the drum, and I am now worried that you could have shorten the high voltage power supply on your printer and to repair that would be very costly.

Remanfacturing is much more than replacing toner into the hopper, you have many other things to do clean out the waste toner hopper and replace the wiper blade and doctor blade and relube the drum, and vacuum the toner inkjet cartridges before placing new toner in.

I am very much against refilling toners, I have done it myself and its nothing but trouble.
    Please can anyone tell me how to clean an Epson Stylus 640 print head? (I searched the forum but there was no result).
    Also, I will need to use a USB/parallel adaptor cable, easily obtained but I am slightly concerned it may not work the printer correctly, the PC is running Win XP Pro 32bit.

I have an old Epson Colour Stylus 640 which has been stored unused for at least 5 years (though it did have part filled ink cartridges in place, but they could have dried out).

I would now like to get it working if possible.

The printer powers up and appears to work, it seems to do a nozzle clean cycle and goes through the motions of printing a self test page. (Both Power on and Paper feed held, release power when starts then release paper feed buttons).

Not surprisingly nothing appears on the paper, but having dropped a little alcohol (semi diluted IPA) onto the 'nipples' (on which the outlets from the ink cartridges sit) and after 10-15 nozzle clean cycles 3 or 4 small fragments (and I mean small fragments!) of the print pattern emerged. But another 10 nozzle clean cycles later it hasn't improved.

I have now also added a little semi diluted IPA to the ink reservoirs in the hope that over a few hours or days it might percolate through to the print head.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

After long experience with ink jet type printers you are going to need new heads and
    new ink cartridges if the heads and cartridges are seperate units. Probably time to
    look for a new printer if you need color, otherwise a laser printer is best for most
    folks.

Al

Quote Originally Posted by jhnharvy773 View Post
    Please can anyone tell me how to clean an Epson Stylus 640 print head? (I searched the forum but there was no result)..
    You're on the right path. I still have an ancient Epson 640 in the office. When it starts to clog, I saturate a cloth with 90% isopropyl alcohol and push the printhead gently into it. Repeat a few times, then let it dry and try printing again.

Old, noisy, slow...but probably the last printer Epson built which was worth a damn.