Thread: Noisy Printer

Default Noisy Printer

I have a Laserjet 4050 and lately it's been really noisy when doing a print job. I opened it up and can hear the problem is coming from the mechanism with the rubber band belt and roller next to the transfer roller. While the rubber band belt is moving it makes a really loud churning noise. Anyone know how I could quiet the operation, thanks.
    ________
    VAPORIZER ANSWER
    Last edited by Jawbreak; 08-22-2011 at 07:41 AM.

A drop of oil at the edges of the "beads" that the belts ride on should get rid of your squeaks.

If you opened the printer up and it still makes noise you've got other problems, big problems.

First thing you should find out why the printer didn't stop when you opened it up. Probably a bad interlock.

Quote Originally Posted by redcow View Post
    If you opened the printer up and it still makes noise you've got other problems, big problems.

First thing you should find out why the printer didn't stop when you opened it up. Probably a bad interlock.
    Actually I used a screw driver to hold the interlock down so I could watch it run. I'll try the oil, thanks.
    ________
    Head Shop
    Last edited by Jawbreak; 08-22-2011 at 07:41 AM.

Default Transport

This assy. is very fragile, and it does not take much to gum up the gears.
    There may be toner build-up or a small scrap of paper stuck in it.
    Removal is a lot of work, but if you tear it down, you might as well replace the feed assy., the registration assy., and the P/U rollers.