PDA

View Full Version : HP4050tn Duplexer C4123A NOT WORKING

Francog
04-17-2006, 12:35 PM
Given a 2nd hand HP4050tn. Won eBay auction duplexer C4123A. Duplexer not working... almost. Paper jams. Looking for some advice on how to diagnose this and repair OR should I just chalk it up to experience and move on to spending lot's O'cash on a known good duplexer?

whipcracker
05-04-2006, 01:00 AM
A similar thing happened to me. The seller gave me these two tips:

1) Try the instructions on hp's website: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=bpl03701

2) Duplexers, especially 4000/4050 duplexers are famous for jamming, try removing the duplexer and checking the underside of the duplexer for excess paper or any small pieces of paper that may be jamming it up. We cleaned and tested it before shipping, but a little airduster may get some loose paper pieces out of the path.

Although I saw no bits of paper in or through the slots on the underside of the duplexer, I got out my can of air duster, blasted the underside and the thin end of the duplexer, and reinstalled it. To test it, I ran the built-in Paper Path Test, set up to print ten two-sided (duplex) copies from Tray 2. It worked.

out-of-focus
05-04-2006, 04:09 PM
Thanks whipcracker!

I myself fell victim of Duplexer jamming. I hate it.