PDA

View Full Version : Curled pages from LJ5

simonbendall
09-12-2004, 06:14 PM
Hi,

I have a LaserJet 5 (A4 - C3916A) sat here that is trying to make paper aeroplanes instead of your normal, everyday crispy clean printed sheets!

Let me ellaborate a little. I click print, a few whirrs, humms and buzzes later, out pops a piece of paper with my print out on (so far so good). I transport myself to the printer in question and find that it has curled both long edges upwards, more so on the far left corner (print job still on printer, face down).

Now don't just jump in and say "hey, stop complaining - that's not a real problem". Can you imagine the fun (and the mess) this creates when I print anything more then a 3 page job, and it starts pushing itself all over the floor? Talk about a hazard in the office - it even puts me to shame!

In all seriousness though guys, I do love my little LJ5, its been faithfull to me, and hasn't played up yet. Its got new(ish) rollers, paper pickups, and from what I can tell, even a new(ish) fuser unit - new meaning that they pick up and move paper about fine, no problems there. All toner sticks fine and doesn't flake, and I get my paper out on time, every time. Its just curled.

-- -------------

In my mind, the only thing I can think of that might be causing this is too tight a roller, maybe the one in the fuser unit? But I'm no expert. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Simon

Placebo
09-13-2004, 11:18 AM
Try a different brand of paper. Paper curl usually comes from two things, moisture in the paper and/or fuser temp too hot. Since you can't adjust the fuser temp on the LJ 5 I suggest changing the paper.