PDA

View Full Version : Dim Error after installing memory

jphillips
08-20-2004, 07:54 AM
I was getting the 10.0.0.0 Supply memory error a week ago on our HP 2300 LaserJet printer. The new memory finally came in and I installed the new memory in the first slot, then added the old memory into the 2nd slot. I turned the machine back on and I got this Dim error with and address starting with 53. something; I didn't catch the rest of the error. I turned it off and waited a bit then turned it back on and the LCD light would not light up. I turned it back off took the old memory out and then turned it back on and still no LCD lights. We are unable to print to it, but from the print server is says that it is online.

Also does any onw know where I can find a manual for this printer? Or if anyone has any ideas what I need to do or what could have happened...

Thank you,

Jennifer

jphillips
08-20-2004, 09:26 AM
Well I figured that out, but I keep on getting the 10.0.0.0 supplies memory error. The reason why I added memory to the machine is to correct this error. The manual says that you have to keep the original memory in the first slot and place the new memory into the 2nd or third slot. If the old memory that is in slot one is causing the problem, how am supposed to get rid of this error. I took out the old memory and the put the new memory in slot one and the LCD screen did not light up. Should I put the new memory in the second slot and remove the old memory from slot one and try that? Any suggestions and ideas would help :)

Thanks,

Jennifer