PDA

View Full Version : DeskJet 693C problems...

snopro879
09-24-2005, 04:47 PM
I'm trying to fix my grandma's printer because she does not have a lot of money to be buying a new one. The printer wont even grab paper when it is told to print something. When you start it, it goes through its normal routine but make a very lout brrrrrrrrmmmmmm sound. Then, about every 3 or 4 seconds the cartridge will move all the way to the right, then to the left a couple of inches, the back to the right, then back to left where it started from. Anyways, if we tell it to print is just says "printer error", and then the power light stays on, and the orange paper light blinks. If I tell it to print a test page it will grab paper but then stops and errors as soon as it gets ready to print. I've already tried cleaning the printer...does anyone know of any other options? :confused:

Colourfill
10-21-2005, 03:27 AM
Hello,

From a professional point of view as a retailer or printer consumables and supplies I would reccomend that you make an investment in a new printer, you can get very good deals on inkjet printers these days. If you look at the price of replacing a couple of cartridges for the printer you have you could have probably bought a new printer. Have a look around for a printer that you can buy low cost compatibles for so that the running costs are not too high.

Regards,

Samantha