PDA

View Full Version : 8100DN prints off center

SenracJ
05-07-2004, 12:38 PM
We have an 8100DN that recently started having print problems. Sometimes it will shift the whole print image to the right. It does this on all trays (we're using letter sized paper). I tried replacing the paper pickup assembly, but it didn't help. Also, from time to time in the middle of a large duplexed job, it will print a page or two that is not duplexed. It will print the front side on one sheet, and the back side on the next sheet.

Anybody have any ideas?

optimus378
05-11-2004, 02:00 PM
Sounds to me like a faulty registration assembly. It is not too hard to replace. The first thing I would do is take it out, clean it, and then reseat it. Sometimes all it takes is to reseat it. And if it happens again you will know what part is causing the problem.

be sure to tighten all screws systematically

The duplexing situtation sounds odd, but it's worth a shot. Especially if it is happening from all trays.

Hope this helps
Matt Moore

SenracJ
05-12-2004, 11:18 AM
Optimus,

Thanks for the input on the registration assembly.

I thought one of the users told me it was happening from all trays. But now I am being told that it's only happening on tray 4 (2000 sheet). Before I replaced the main pickup assembly, it was happening on all trays. If it's only doing it from tray 4, then is it likely to be the tray 4 (2000 sheet) pickup assembly?

SenracJ
05-14-2004, 06:17 PM
Well, I found out yesterday that it is happening from all the trays, so I guess it's not the tray 4 pickup assembly. I just finished taking the registration assembly out and cleaning/reseating it. We'll see how that affects it.