PDA

View Full Version : Okidata ML520

JamesM
05-13-2005, 03:16 PM
Im looking for any other 520 guru's out there that might be able to explain how i can repair an FJIM pcb myself. I repair 100's of these each year and am tired of paying oki for an exchange refurb pricce for a faulty printhead overheat error that can only be fixed by replacing the board. While printing thwe printer will pause, the menu light will flash and then it will resume printing. This will occur though the entire print job and can be very annoying tio the customer. someone repairs thess boards to fix the problem and i want to ba able to do this on my own. :confused:

mattchall
05-16-2005, 08:54 AM
I know exactly how you feel. I've been an electronics tech for 20 yrs, and it's getting harder to repair boards due to unsourcable IC's and artificially low prices on new machines. As I'm sure you're aware, we used to be able to order board level components, now your lucky if you can find a board for less than the price of a new printer. The ML520 is a good workhorse of a printer, but I have no idea where to source board components. As I live in Canada, we have to source many parts in the States, and after customs, taxes, etc, it just isn't economical to bother. Sorry, and good luck.