PDA

View Full Version : Dell Printer is Printing Images in Very Poor Quality

AmyS
07-12-2011, 09:54 AM
So I have been reading online for some weeks that I should increase the dpi of my images to get better quality upon printing. Trying this multiple times, the quality of the image is still very poor.

I have a Dell 3115cn printer at work and we print a lot of information sheets on our company and products. I`m finding that the printer is printing these weird pixels that are not visible on screen. So I went into Photoshop and re-did the image from scratch at 300 dpi. The colours of this one particular image I`m currently working on is red and white. FFFFFF is being used to get the purest white possible. The printer prints these dark, huge and nasty looking pixels in those white areas. It prints best out of photoshop, ok but getting pixels in Power Point but just the worst quality possible in PDF.

I read that having the image in png instead of jpg was an issue. Making it jpg didn`t help whatsoever. My ink levels are at 80% on all 4 cartridges. Telling the program to tell the printer to print "high quality" didn`t help. Having the dpi at 300 isn`t helping.

I have some old prints form the printer made last year by the previous employee in my position and there is no pixelation whatsoever and I am using all the same programs as they did to create these brochures (creating images, then putting it together in Power Point then converting to PDF and printing from there).

Why is this happening and what will solve it?

johnhennary
07-13-2011, 03:33 AM
I don't have any idea about Dell Laser Printer. Dell is a brand name company. Many people are using Dell Laser printer . But I have been using HP Laser Printer since last 6 months. HP Laser Printer is working fine and printing quality is too good. If you face any problem during printing a documents then you should contact with technical help line of dell laser printer.

AmyS
07-13-2011, 08:27 AM
I mention the printer as I was sure the question for what I was using was going to come up, judging by what I have been reading, the subject of what printer being used was brought up a lot. Since the quality seems to depend on what program I use (ie, the image prints perfectly from Photoshop but looses quality when inserted into PowerPoint and becomes absolutely terrible when then converted into PDF), I don`t see the need to contact Dell about this.

redcow
07-13-2011, 05:20 PM
Johnhennary, Amy wrote in looking for help with a Dell laser printer.
So glad that you were able to determine that Dell is a brand name company.
I don't think that any of us were on to that. Great research work on your part. Also nice to know that many people are using Dell printers.

I personally don't care if you have been using an HP printer for the past 6 months.
What does that have to do with Amy's printer problem?

If you don't know, and obviously you don't, take your fingers off the keyboard and point your mouse at a thread that you might be able to contribute to.