PDA

View Full Version : Lexmark C910 print quality issue

Jonah Hex
09-24-2009, 10:00 PM
Hello,

I am having a print quality issue on a Lexmark C910 color printer.

I am getting speckles on my prints, small, random pattern speckles of all four colors. They cover the entire page.

I have replaced the "photodevelopers" (drums), all of the toner/developer units, the transfer belt assembly and the fuser. I have cleaned the toner cavity side of the printheads.
I am starting to think that maybe it could be the "sub-frame" assembly as Lexmark calls it.

Any ideas?

Jonah

redcow
09-24-2009, 11:25 PM
In the HP world we run a 1/2 test to isolate the problem.
Print a few pages. As they are printing, open the top cover. Look at the pages in the printer. Are they all speckled? If not, which ones are and physically where in the printer are they?

Jonah Hex
09-25-2009, 10:34 AM
Redcow,

I too live in a HP world, so I am familiar with the 1/2 page test.
My speckeling begins at the first dev unit (magenta) and adds to it with each color as the pages pass each unit (this is a single pass printer).
There is speckeling on the transfer belt starting at the first dev unit, but not between the belt cleaning blade and the first unit. This tells me that the belt cleaning blade is working as designed. I doubt that all four printheads are defective, and the only thing in common with the four drum units and developer units is the sub-frame assembly, which is the supply point for drum/dev grounds and bias inputs.
I think I just answered my own question! Thanks for the insight. Sometimes you just gotta step back and take a moment to think about it.
I am going to order a sub-frame assembly for it. I`ll let you know if that fixes it.

Jonah

redcow
09-26-2009, 12:59 AM
Hope the "sub frame" fixes it.
I have very little experience with Lexmark, so I try to go to basic laser jet principles. The engines are probably the same as HP.

It could also be a grounding problem.